OUR PLAN

We are writing this blog for one reason and one reason only. To provide a vehicle to make it easier to remain in touch with our family and friends back home.



Our plan is simple. Depart our home port of Goderich, Ontario in the Summer of 2011. Cruise Georgian Bay and the North Channel of Lake Huron while visiting some of the ports and anchorages we have missed over the years. As well as revisiting some of our favourite haunts hopefully with some of our very good friends with whom we have cruised with many times before. All the while adding up the miles and gaining experience with our new trawler. Our first and only self imposed deadline is to be in the Chicago area around Labour Day. South of Chicago, weather and circumstances will guide us!



Sunday, August 21, 2011

AUGUST 15,2011 - LONG POINT COVE, ONTARIO

We are slow to arise today. I check the weather and it promises to be a great day. We discuss our next move and decide that tomorrow will be the day that we enter the United States. The weather gods promise a flat lake tomorrow and since we have roughly 45 miles to travel we will appreciate a flat lake. So today we must make the best us of our time and make sure that all is ready aboard ship and all paperwork is presentable for the US Customs office. First we want to take Smudge back to her Island. We ask her if she wants to go and if a dog can understand and communicate she did both. (Am I going nuts?) Off we go and before the dinghy is ashore Smudge is off with her nose to the ground. On the way over to the island I asked Terri if she had brought the camera and she said no she doesn’t need it. However as soon as I get the dinghy secured she decides she needs it. I’ll stay here and you go get the camera she orders. Yes Master and off I go. When I return she has the entire photo shoot worked out in her head and away she goes. I find a shady spot and look out across the bay and again count my blessings.
                                                 BELOW ARE PICS OF LONG POINT COVE ONT.

GLENN  & SOLANGE DO YOU REMEMBER THIS POSE?

GREAT KAYAKING

MORE COMPOST



MIRROR IMAGE

TER WAITING FOR ME TO RETURN WITH THE CAMERA THAT SHE FORGOT


Terrmar IV

Glen and Jill aboard their boat Last Dance

Around Mid-day we are hailed on the VHF radio by Last Dance, which is a fellow Looper boat from St. Augustine FL. They have arrived at the entrance of this cove and we discuss their anchorage options. I had just been preparing to dive on our anchor just to see how good it is set but hold off until Last Dance appears settled. No problem now as they are secured and I want to dive on this anchor while the sun is high in the sky. I did manage to complete the task but I am no longer 20 years old and can’t stay down like I used to. Oh well what can I do? Before I am back at the swim platform Glen and Jill from Last Dance have dingied over for a chat. We spend a pleasant hour catching up on things and discussing pertinent web sites related to weather and sailors. They have invited us over for cocktails tonight and then we part company, as we all have things to accomplish this afternoon. Glen and Jill are soon aboard their kayaks and exploring. Terri is connected to work and doing personal banking on the internet. I spend the afternoon blogging. The wind is picking up out in the bay to the North and there are whitecaps. Terri estimates 20 knots and I vote for 12 knots. We will have to see what happens tomorrow. Perhaps the USA will be spared for one more day.
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment